Capital Legal Services 16.05.23 Business breakfast ” Cross-border data transfer: how businesses can live with the new rules”
Staring from March 1, 2023, the amendments to Federal Law “On personal data” regarding the cross-border transfer of personal data have taken effect. Now, any company that transfers personal data abroad must notify the Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media (Roskomnadzor) in advance. Nonetheless, in certain cases, Roskomnadzor may ban such transfers altogether.
The business community has already brought up many questions about the new rules, in particular:
- How and when to notify Roskomnadzor?
- What is the procedure for transferring personal data to “unfriendly” states?
- How is the requirement to localize personal data connected with its cross-border transfer?
- In what cases will sending documents to a “remote” employee or a foreign contractor be deemed cross-border transfer of personal data?
These and other questions will be answered during a business breakfast to be held by Capital Legal Services on May 16 in our St. Petersburg office.
- Vadim Kovalyov, Principal Associate of the Corporate practice at Capital Legal Services;
- Antonina Shishanova, Senior Associate of the Intellectual Property practice at Capital Legal Services.
In order for us to be able to address the most urgent issues related to cross-border transfer of personal data, we would be glad if you could share your experience in implementing the new rules on the cross-border transfer of personal data before the event by answering a few brief questions here.
To register for the event, please follow this link. To participate online, please fill out the registration form here.
Start at 11 am (approximate duration 1.5 hours).
For additional information, please contact Elizaveta Mitskevich at email@example.com.