The Russian team of Baker McKenzie to operate from October 14 as independent law firm Melling, Voitishkin & Partners
Moscow, 13 October 2022: Baker McKenzie’s Russian partners have established the new, independent law firm of Melling, Voitishkin & Partners, with offices in Moscow and St. Petersburg. The new firm begins operations on October 14, 2022.
Melling, Voitishkin & Partners will continue to work closely with Baker McKenzie as its preferred law firm in Russia.
24 partners have joined the new firm:
- Sergei Voitishkin – managing partner
- Maxim Kalinin – St. Petersburg managing partner
- Alexander Bychkov – International Trade, Customs and Sanctions
- Margarita Divina – Intellectual Property; Technology, Media, Telecommunications
- Alexey Frolov – Energy, Mining, Infrastructure
- Denis Khabarov – Intellectual property; Technology, Media, Telecommunications
- Konstantine Kouzine – Real Estate & Construction
- Maxim Kuznechenkov – Real Estate & Construction
- Arseny Seidov – Tax
- Alexey Trusov – Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Sergey Zhestkov – Tax
- Dmitry Dembich – Finance/Capital Markets
- Vladimir Efremov – International Trade, Customs and Sanctions
- Nadia Goreslavskaya – Antitrust & Competition
- Pavel Gorokhov – Intellectual Property
- Maria Kostenko – Tax
- Sergey Krokhalev – Corporate/M&A
- Sergey Lomakin – Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Anton Maltsev – Dispute Resolution & Arbitration
- Dmitry Marchan – Corporate/M&A
- Alexander Monin – Compliance; Technology, Media, Telecommunications; Commercial
- Pavel Novikov – Insolvency & Disputes
- Marina Tokunova – Tax
- Kirill Vikulov – Tax
Sergei Voitishkin, Managing Partner of Melling, Voitishkin & Partners, commented on working under the new brand:
“Our team is continuing our work in Russia. Way back in 1989, we were the first international law firm to offer world-class legal services on the Russian market. Our experience enables us to face the future with confidence and to continue helping our clients resolve the most complex legal challenges.”
Melling, Voitishkin & Partners is one of the largest law firms on the Russian market and employs over 110 lawyers, including 24 partners. The Firm provides a full range of legal services for business leaders, helping them find solutions that require local and international experience and a deep understanding of Russian law.
The most valuable assets for the new firm are its clients and employees. Melling, Voitishkin & Partners highly values the principles that have helped Baker McKenzie’s Russian team become one of the leading law firms – quality, speed, a commercial approach, and the ability to discuss complex matters in plain language.
The Firm has unique, sector-specific experience, including in IT, healthcare and medical devices, mining and energy, retail, and industrial construction. Our lawyers specialize in the fields of corporate law, dispute resolution, sanctions and general compliance, labor and tax law, real estate, intellectual property, finance, and capital markets.